There is no question that people who are physically active are healthier and happier. The American Heart Association recommends at least 150 minutes of activity each week. Now is the time to start your exercise plan. To encourage you, here are a few benefits you will receive from an active life style:
- You will sleep better. Working out for just twenty to thirty minutes on a daily basis will enable you to increase the amount of quality sleep you get on a nightly basis.
- General health. Physical activity controls, and even prevents, some risk factors for heart disease, such as high cholesterol, diabetes, and hypertension.
- Brain health. Physical activity helps maintain brain function in older adults.
- Weight control. Physical activity raises your metabolism and helps you lose weight more easily, especially when combined with healthy eating.
- Reduced mortality risk. One study showed that adults who watch more than 4 hours of television a day had a 46% increased risk of death from any cause, and an 80% increased risk of death from cardiovascular disease. Source www.herat.org.
- Increased strength. Regular activity increases your stamina and ability to recover from illness.
- Mental health. People who are active have fewer mental health issues.
People of all ages can improve the quality of their lives and reduce the risks of heart disease, hypertension, with ongoing participation in moderate physical activity and exercise. Daily exercise will also enhance one’s mental well-being and health throughout life.